This exciting technical course prepares students to design, maintain and secure today’s Information Technology (IT) Systems which support every aspect of our global economy. Network Security Specialists acting as Ethical Hackers prevent data loss form cyber attacks, network intrusions and viruses, protecting valuable personal and corporate data. The course also gives students the opportunity to build, repair, and troubleshoot Personal Computers in our ever expanding technology age. The Computer Networking program at the CACTC is designed to provide students with training for relevant certifications in the IT field. Employers welcome potential employees who have professional credentials or degrees. The Computer Networking program helps students gain the practical experience and knowledge needed to pass entry-level certification exams such as: Comptia A+ and Comptia Network+.
Computer Networking students will learn:
- Work in a professional team environment on a wide variety of computer hardware systems
- Learn about software operation and design concepts.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot a variety of operating systems.
- Work with trained staff to diagnose and resolve real-world PC problems projects throughout CACTC.
- Learn to design, build, operate, and troubleshoot complex computer network systems.
Featured on PACTE Resources site for Project Decoy. Click on this Link.
Industry Certifications a Student may earn:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Comptia Network+
- Comptia A+
Employment Opportunities upon Completion of the Program:
- CCNA Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Security Specialist
Employment Opportunities with further Education and Training:
- CCNA Administrator
- Management Information Systems Manager
- Network Engineer
- TeleData Communications Engineer
To view current advanced credit opportunities articulated with post-secondary institutions, search for equivalency results at CollegeTransfer.net
Career Technical Student Organization Affiliated with Computer Networking Technology: